Build Cost Models
Generate high-level estimates efficiently with HD Solutions, using third-party libraries and your company’s historical project data to help prioritize projects selected.
Leverage Daily Earned Value
Evaluate and award work packages to contractors. Manage outside contractors and internal resources throughout the project with forecast-to-completion snapshots. Leverage daily earned value reporting to manage performance and track the cost-spend curve.
Evaluate Scope and Changes
Easily develop variations of a plan and “what if” scenarios by altering sequencing and timing of resources, or suspending sub-projects. Produce meaningful comparisons that account for escalation, resources, and schedule revisions.
HD Solutions for power/process and public works can improve estimating accuracy by up to 100%, reduce response times by up to 50%, and allows time to evaluate a project to consider alternate approaches, consistency, escalation, and varied schedule scenarios. Beyond the individual project, HD Solutions offers a rich, well-developed project portfolio analytics and modeling capability for project planners. It also provides access to productivity and cost-historic data at the task level, important for closed-loop feedback into the planning execution phase.
“HD Solutions is built on modern technology and that makes it extremely easy to use, plus the integration with accounting was exactly what we needed.”
Chief Estimator, Pullman Power
HD Solutions Provides
- A common work platform and process for estimating, planning, and executing capital projects across all divisions.
- Ability to integrate work from various groups into a composite plan from conceptual to final construction grade estimates.
- Accurate earned value reporting and monitoring including costs, production, and time.
- Consistency and a common platform develop a historical cost and productivity library for faster and accurate estimates.
- Ability to rapidly and easily model “what-if” options and conditions into plans.
- Ability to easily determine cost escalation across multi-year projects.
- Ability to track changes from conceptual to engineering budget to as-built costs.
- Dynamic integration to either Primavera or Microsoft Project for seamless scheduling and realistic accurate cash flow analysis.
- Ability to apply different labor rates, local taxes, crew productivity, and availability across all business regions.